It’s that time of the year in Melbourne when the warm weather makes way for cold days and nights, and the rain that inevitably follows. While Mr Carports can’t do much about the weather, we can help to keep you and your car dry, by designing and building a new Melbourne carport.
Depending on the layout of your house and yard, and the size of the carport you want, we’d recommend building your Melbourne carport as close to your house as possible. With some clever design and building, it may even be possible to position your carport next to an entry door or verandah, so you can get to and from your car without venturing into the elements. That way, you’ll not only keep dry when getting into and out of your car, but also getting to and from your home.
Pretty handy when you’ve got a boot-full of groceries or other items to get inside!
A Melbourne carport for all the elements
While enjoying protection from the rain is certainly one reason for investing in a new Melbourne carport, it’s far from the only benefit.
- A carport will protect what for many people is their 2nd biggest asset – the car. Keeping your car under a carport will help protect it from the elements and keep it clean.
- A well-designed and built carport will add value to your home.
- The rain is not the only element that can leave you uncomfortable. The hot sun beating down on a car can raise the temperature inside a car by up to 30 degrees Celsius. On a 30+ degrees day – and we get a lot of them in Melbourne – your car can reach 60 degrees or more.
- Depending on where you live in Melbourne, another good reason to keep your car covered is to keep frost off the windows on cold winter mornings.
- A carport will also double as an impromptu entertainment area. Simply park the car or cars on the street and drop in a table, chairs and a barbecue and you’ll have a great spot to entertain friends and family.
Whatever your reason for wanting a new Melbourne carport, Mr Carports can help. Give us a call on 1800 557 782 or view our Melbourne carports page for further ideas and information.
Remember, by choosing Mr Carports you’ll have the reassurance of our 10-year structural warranty.